we never cancel classes · custom class times available · best in the nation
Advanced Engineering Lab
This course reviews all the basics of creating class 3+ solder connections.This course covers many of the thing that college engineering classes failed to teach. This course examines deficiencies that are very common; weaknesses that affect manufacturing, rework, and customer satisfaction. Soldering.biz has taken the feedback from countless technicians, customers, and engineers who interface with us and designed the class to reinforce and more teach the hands-on skills needed to produce class 3+ solder connections. Understanding the nuances of fluxes and how they are critical to good solder connections, as well as correct cleaning of materials, and the consequences of poor/no cleaning affects the integrity of the product are but a few of the areas covered in this course.
This course is custom fit to either surface/through-hole soldering, and/or Cable/wire harness assembly. Tooling verification;
- Lecture Module – The basics are reviewed from our HST and HC/WT classes as requested by the customer.
- Equipment/Tools Module – Each of these modules are custom created for each class by adding modules from the hands-on soldering and cable/wire harness labs to fit the unique needs of customer we are serving.
The ESD certification course is based on the industry recognized ANSI/ESD S20.20 standard. This course teaches the best practices for ESD prevention and control. This course is designed for technicians and inspectors.
- *ESD Theory and physics: Causes, effects and material interactions. Voltages, humidity and charging models.
- *ESD protective materials: The use of various materials to prevent static build up, shield components/assemblies and dissipate energy to avoid shock.
- *ESD Control Systems: Requirements and recommendations for effective ESD control in the workplace, as well as, industry accepted “best practices”.
- *Company Specific Requirements: Discussion geared toward the needs of your company and how to set up a customized ESD control system.